Gynostemma, according to traditional Chinese, boosts the body’s defence systems, works to stabilise the metabolism, helps sustain blood lipid balance, and harmonises all the functions of the body. Its beneficial effects stem from the variety of amino acids, vitamins and minerals the plant contains, including calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium and zinc.
The second ingredient of the supplement - carrot root (Daucus carota) is, similarly to gynostemma, rich in substances and elements essential to health, such as carotenoids including provitamin A, α- and β-carotene), vitamins: B1, B2, B6, C, E, H, K, PP, folic acid and the following minerals: potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, iron, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, cobalt, as well as sulphur compounds, pectins, inositol and coumarins.
The ingredients of the preparation play an active role in many processes of the body, and bring a number of effects. The most important among these are:
- vitamin C, vitamin B6, magnesium, iron and manganese help reduce fatigue and lassitude,
- vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, zinc and manganese help protect the cells from oxidative stress,
- vitamin B6, vitamin C, zinc, iron and selenium contribute to the proper functioning of the immune system,
- zinc and selenium help maintain healthy skin, hair and nails,
- magnesium, calcium and phosphorus help maintain healthy teeth,
- copper contributes to proper hair pigmentation,
- vitamin C, vitamin B6, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus and manganese contribute to proper metabolism related to energy production,
- vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium and manganese contribute to proper functioning of the nervous system,
- magnesium, iron and zinc play a part in the process of cell division,
- zinc contributes to sustaining the proper blood pressure level,
- vitamin K supports proper blood coagulation,
- phosphorus helps the proper functioning of cell membranes,
- vitamin C contributes to proper collagen production required for to the correct functioning of blood vessels, bones, cartilages, gums, skin and teeth,
- manganese and copper contribute to the proper functioning of connective tissue production,
- beta-carotene found in carrot is a precursor of vitamin A (the body is able to transform it into vitamin A). Vitamin A contributes to maintaining the proper state of the mucous membranes and skin, correct functioning of the immune system and proper iron metabolism.
In the first week one capsule twice a day, after that the dose can be increased to two capsules twice a day. The capsules are to be washed down with a large amount of water.
The supplement should not be used by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers.
The supplement should not be used by individuals suffering from arterial hypertension.
It is also not recommended to take the supplement after 4 pm, particularly by individuals with sleep disorders.